Coaching is not for everyone, but it may be for you. Coaching is in demand today. Many business consultants, therapists, teachers, trainers and advisers find coaching appealing as it complements what they are doing. Coaching adds value to their services. Hence, more people are making a switch to the coaching profession.
At the same time more people are seeking coaches to help them either to resolve issues or achieve goals. The power of coaching lies in the coach’s ability to raise the self-awareness of people to remove blind spots, find new opportunities, and most importantly, move forward in life.
Coaches do this well because they focus on the relationships with their clients. Their ability to engage in deep and non-directive conversation helps the clients to make breakthroughs in their lives through self-discovery.
When coaches deliver good results, their reputation and earnings grow. On average, it takes three to five years to become a competent coach.
Take this little quiz to see if coaching is the right profession for you or simply enjoy it as a hobby or an opportunity to contribute to others.
- I truly enjoy working with people.
- I like to help people.
- Many people come to me for counselling.
- I am open to learning and unlearning.
- I can persuade well.
- I am ready to do something that revolves around people.
- I am prepared to invest time and money to move to a new career.
- I am a confident person.
- I have a good relationship with people.
- I am a good listener.
- I understand and accept people and their views.
- I am good at setting goals.
- I have strong follow-through skills.
- I communicate well.
- I am curious about people.
Yes = 3
Somewhat = 1
No = 0
Should you score 30 points and above, then becoming a professional coach may be the best career for you.
For details, call +603-62054488 or visit www.corporate-coachacademy.com